FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club at Kimpton Hotels Experiences 2019
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:10 pm
GetSetJetSet
Suspended

Programs: Many
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore, Feb 2019

What is your Rewards Club status?
Spire Elite Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
No, would absolutely not return.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a City View King. When I arrived and tried to check in (2:45pm), I was told they would take my phone # and call me when a room was ready. I was also told (after asking) that they would “try” to upgrade me, but that nothing in a higher class was available at the moment. I told the check in girl that 10am check-in and an upgrade are guaranteed and not "if available" at Kimptons for Inner Circle members. She told me I was wrong. I said OK, and adjourned to a lobby sofa and called the Inner Circle VIP line. They confirmed that I was correct and said they would call the manager and sort it out. 10-15 minutes later, a guy walked over and handed me a room key. No explanation or apology.

How are the rooms?
Tired, dirty and a bit ratty. They look like they badly need to replace the scuffed and dirty furniture. After the nonsense at check in, I was upgraded to a suite. The Suite was a decent size.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity?

I didn’t receive one. In fact, I was not offered the Spire check-in amenity. I was not offered the spa credit. I was not offered the Inner Circle amenity, and there was no bottled water in my room. Forget any chance of them honoring any of the preferences in my profile. After another call to the Inner Circle line, they belatedly sent up spa certs and a plate of chips which I guess counts as their inner circle amenity (?) with a bottle of water. I still don't think I received the additional points as the Spire amenity.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take?
Yes, snickers.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive?
Didn’t eat at restaurant. Didn’t want to give the property any more of my $.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value?
Initially, wasn't offered the credit. After the hassle, didn't want to spend any more $ at this dump.

What was good and what was bad?
Literally everything was bad. Sack the entire front of office. The service was combative, pathetic and the staff were poorly informed. Not a single thing listed as an Inner Circle benefit was provided without asking. Even after multiple phone calls and hassles they didn't provide everything. The hotel is dirty and tired and the location isn't great.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Next time i’ll spring for the Four Seasons or stay at a Marriott/SPG property and roll the dice on an upgrade. This was my first stay since being elevated to Inner Circle and if IC = get attitude from staff and don’t get published benefits while staying in a 3-4* quality hotel then maybe I won’t bother with anymore Kimptons.