FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Elite Treatment on the ground/IROPS
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:50 pm
EndlosLuft

Programs: United 1MM 1K, KLM/AF Plat, BA Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tobsw
What do you mean by, "Elite Treatment"? Being Elite doesn't give you treatment like a royal. What is more likely to happen is as IbPlus Platino you are likely to be treated better than a regular pax - but don't expect a personal treatment on each flight.

If the purser says hi! Thank you for flying Ib as a Platino member, it should be considered a success.

You won't be upgraded since there's no First Class on Iberia flights.

You will have preferential access to customer service at the airport and a special phone line.

And there's just one business lounge in Madrid - no Sapphire/Emerald separation.

Aer Lingus is good for Aer Lingus and likely for the other carriers on the TA joint venture once Aer Lingus is accepted. However, if you ever intend flying with other oneworld partners, there's "nada".

But it really depends what you expectations are by "Elite Treatment".
Well, some airlines are really great at taking care of their frequent flyers in case of IROPS, being flexible about flight changes, how fast they pick up the phone, competency of agents when you call. For example with United, as a 1K, an agent picks up right away (very unusual for it to even ring), the staff are generally very competent and friendly, so if I arrive earlier at an airport I can usually ask them to put me on an earlier flight at no extra cost. And if there are any issues at the airport it's usually "Oh, you're a 1K" and they at least try to fix whatever the issue is. So I'd give United high marks (getting even better in fact) for how their 1Ks are treated. I'm curious how IB vs BA vs Aer Lingus.