FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:13 pm
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
And do not let the excuse you do not have enough points stop you. You can order TP certs without having all the points needed and your points balance will go negative. You may never find another agent willing to entertain the idea of an NC7 conversion so if you find one go ahead and do it even without enough points and your balance will go negative but the order will go through. This happened to me going from an OC8 when the agent mistakenly ordered me an NC6 and my balance went to -30k points. I do not know if there is a limit on how much you can go negative but the system used to allow it. Works like a points advance.

One thing I would ask if you are successful in doing this: do not have buyer's remorse later and call to get it refunded because you decide it costs too many points. If they start looking in to how it happened they may institute some new measures to prevent it.
Although the details are different, I had the same result. I wanted to convert an OC8 to a NC6, but wouldn't have the required points until a CC bonus posted. I found an agent who said it was possible after the points posted. She was nice enough to try the trade which left me with a NC6 and a points deficit. Since up-conversions are never guaranteed, I might had lost out if I waited for the points to hit my account.