FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:39 am
daw4888

Originally Posted by AICML
Oh, so I meant my husband, not my mom's husband. My dad is under 6/24 and will probably apply for the Barclay's card. I actually never thought about using total household income when I apply. My husband and I just apply using our separate incomes. Do most people use household income?
Its allowed by an amendment to the 2009 Card Act as outlined below. There is no reason not to use HHI. In most states, if you are married, you are legally liable for any debt that occurs during the marriage. So basically you are jointly applying for any debt anyway, so you might as well use it.

"A 2013 amendment to the federal regulations surrounding the Card Act expanded the definition of one’s ability to pay so that people 21 and older can include any income to which they have a “reasonable expectation of access.” This can include income from a spouse, partner or other member of your household. It can also include nonwage income such as savings, trust fund distributions, unemployment compensation and others."