FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz PlatePass (General Discussion) Thread [New Charge Policy, Eff. Feb 2018]
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:20 pm
bergsey

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Beware: The toll systems are not inter-operable. If you pay an extra daily fee for the Platepass option starting in FL, it will only work with Sunpass. It won't work at all with the EZ Pass system in VA and DC. Likewise, if you started your rental going the opposite direction, and opted into Platepass, it would only work with the EZ Pass system, and would be totally useless once you hit toll roads in FL.
Hmmm the PlatePass site says - “How much does PlatePass cost?

You will be charged for each toll at the highest, undiscounted toll rate plus a $5.95 convenience fee for each calendar day when tolls are incurred. There is no maximum PlatePass convenience fee.”

it doesnt mention that it will only work with one Toll system once activated? I would have thought if I drive through multiple states in one day that only one 5.95 fee would apply plus the toll itself - I have sent an email to PlatePass for clarification

PS in Florida it looks like this is a ‘video’ region for PlatePass so I wasn’t going to organise a seperate transponder. Understand this will cost slightly more but one less thing to organise. Worst comes to worst then outside of Florida can just avoid the toll roads! (Not in a major hurry)

Thanks!

Last edited by bergsey; Feb 17, 2019 at 4:30 pm