FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google Fi: Anyone care to post their experience?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:24 pm
estnet

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by aceman
Flawlessly working in both Singapore and Thailand. Laos and Philippines next.

one interesting point, I’m using my moto x4 as a hotspot for my British iPhone. I noticed when opening Netflix while tethered I got the US selection of programs, and while on local WiFi some shows were missing, I guess that vpn thing works pretty well then.

I was going to get local sims. But now near the 6gb mark and incremental data basically being free I’m debating bothering.

i have a spare mobile data sim with me, so might just stick that in my iPhone, since I don’t need to make or receive voice calls.

do I need to change apn settings myself with the data sim, or will it just work?
It may have worked for you in Thailand but I was there for a month with a galaxy s8 which had worked fine with tmo and sprint.
With Fi I could NOT make or receive any calls on the phone despite extensive trouble shooting with support. This means I may have missed some vm.
Data did work fine. Since google also BLOCKS hangouts in Thailand I had to use other means - no exactly the experience I was hoping for