FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Zurich [ZRH]
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:32 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by as38
Just wanted to post my experience of ZRH transfer for the benefit of others.

My LHR-ZRH flight landed at an E gate. My connecting flight to HKG was also from an E gate. From plane to the gate of my connecting flight was less than 2 mins. With my 75 minute connection time, I managed 45 minutes in the LX E Terminal lounge.

For inbound, my HKG-ZRH landed at an E gate. My connecting flight to LHR was from a D gate. From the plane, it was a short walk to the automated train, short train trip and then through security. Total time, 13 minutes. With a 60 minute connection time, I managed to spend 25 minutes in the LX D Terminal lounge to grab a coffee and some breakfast.

Not sure if I was just very lucky, but I have to say that connecting at ZRH was a breeze. Signage was good and security was efficient.
Which airline(s) were you flying LHR-ZRH and ZRH-LHR?

Edited to add: I’ve just seen your earlier post and found that you were on LX from LHR to ZRH. I was interested because I’ve never arrived in E when flying from the UK (MAN) to ZRH on LX. I wonder if there were many transfer passengers on your flight.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Feb 17, 2019 at 1:43 pm