FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Zurich [ZRH]
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:16 pm
as38

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Viennafly
I would not worry too much, the ZRH-GRU/HKG/TLV/JNB/SIN flights are the last ones departing ZRH and very often wait for connecting passengers. It is also very likely that you will not be the only one that connects from LX327, also increasing the chances that LX138 will wait. I have personally made 25-30 min connections for ZRH-SIN and ZRH-JNB flights leaving at the same time than ZRH-HKG without a problem. If the connection is really tight, LX provides a direct transfer from your flight to Terminal E where LX138 typically departs. Of course, if LX327 is 2 hours late, then it is unlikely that LX138 will wait.
Concerning your questions to be put on an earlier flight, LX typically does not do this for free (maybe if you are HON), unless you have a ticket that allows rebooking and the booking class on the earlier flight is available (and depending on the rebooking conditions, you pay the fee).
Just wanted to post my experience of ZRH transfer for the benefit of others.

My LHR-ZRH flight landed at an E gate. My connecting flight to HKG was also from an E gate. From plane to the gate of my connecting flight was less than 2 mins. With my 75 minute connection time, I managed 45 minutes in the LX E Terminal lounge.

For inbound, my HKG-ZRH landed at an E gate. My connecting flight to LHR was from a D gate. From the plane, it was a short walk to the automated train, short train trip and then through security. Total time, 13 minutes. With a 60 minute connection time, I managed to spend 25 minutes in the LX D Terminal lounge to grab a coffee and some breakfast.

Not sure if I was just very lucky, but I have to say that connecting at ZRH was a breeze. Signage was good and security was efficient.