FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mandatory Wellness/Security Check: Hilton Corporate Policy?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:59 am
observer

Originally Posted by username
Thank you. An interesting thread, esp. the Gary Leff article quoting Hilton corporate materials.

The La Jolla Torrey Pines property has no printed in-room Guest Services Directory with tabs. Instead they refer guests to some TV material (with tabs).

I could find no reference on the TV material to this policy/practice. There is a section on safety on the TV. It speaks mostly of what to do in case of fire/earthquake. It says nothing about exercising caution in opening the door for unexpected persons. Nor about the possibility of inspections if one does not receive housekeeping service.

Similarly, I received no card under my door regarding the inability to service my room and/or the possibility that my room would thus be inspected.

It may be that the corporate policies described in the Leff piece are no longer in place ~18 months later. If they are, it is curious that the La Jolla Torrey Pines, whose manager on duty was so eager to report to corporate regarding my previous Hilton stay, is itself non-compliant in this matter.