FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points earning at restaurants
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:28 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
So, an update. Last week, I'd sent along my scanned copy of my receipt to the E-mail address that @Starwood Lurker IV referred to above. I got a reply- from SL William no less- in about two hours crediting me with my dining points (and yeah, I got both the 10pts/$ MR standard and the 75% Tit bonus as well on a ~$216 dinner bill). Problem solved!

But a few hours after that, I'd gotten a reply from the "regular" MR "Stay Add Request" account (the 2nd attempt after they said they couldn't read the "bill" which was really my scanned copy) and while pre-merger I never really had to use the Missing Stay services (as my points and nights always just posted), this is the sad state of affairs post-merger. Here's my original E-mail:

... you'd think everything they'd needed to know (esp. since I'd included the teal copy from The Nines as an attachment), no? Well, this is the reply I'd gotten back from them:

... guess MR's outsourced CS now
IT COULD BE WORSE! I got a letter from my health insurance telling me my doctor is no longer in network because he DIED! But then goes on to say if I was in the middle of treatment he may be willing to continue seeing me. Ummm, no, that's an office call I don't wish to make.

I guess we should be appreciative they actually have a staffed position called Customer Service, but shouldn't expect much from them. Sad state of affairs in my book.