FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lux Options with 2 kids Phuket or Krabi, Thailand
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:32 am
extramileage

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Lux Options with 2 kids Phuket or Krabi, Thailand

Here I am again booking somewhat last minute for spring break 2019 (early April).

We are a family of four (2 adults + 2 girls 10 and 6) so it's always about where we can all fit all four us into a regular suite (e.g. FS Seychelles, FS Kuda Huraa) or a 1BR suite/villa, without either going overboard (do the kids really need a wing to themselves?) or having completely independent room layouts (e.g. on either side of a pool) as we don't like having the kids in a separate structure. The kids don't take a lot of space yet but capacity is often technically limited to 3 guests online, but 4 often ok.

So we are currently looking at 4-6 nights in Phuket or Krabi. I've been advised by a friend in Singapore that weather in Phuket/Krabi is getting rainy then and she said to maybe consider Koh Samui, but I'm not excited about the options there. Based on the data, I'm not sure that weather should really be a problem (not scared of a bit of rain), but happy to hear your collective thoughts as well.

Great service goes without saying, but other differentiating factors would be:
- nice beach
- good food
- private pool
- not kid hostile (don't need a kids club but...)

There's availability at:
- Trisara - recs on room choice welcome. They seem to be running a special. Should I jump on that?
- Six Senses Yao Noi
- The Surin
- Phulay Bay
- Rayavadee - are the beach crowds really an issue?
- Pimalai
- Anantara Layan
- Am I missing an obvious choice?

Thanks in advance.