FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:20 pm
UA-NYC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm looking forward to checking this property out in a couple of weeks. That said, part of what makes SGS appealing is the sheer number of venues inside the walls, plus a very good spa. They've created something of an all-in-one oasis, such that you don't need to leave the property if you don't want to (or if it's miserably wet/humid outside ). Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't sound like HR offers the same kind of experience on that score.
Please do report back after your stay - I may be making a similar choice this fall for my annual BKK trip!

I have always gotten a suite at the SGS (using SNAs) but I may actually be out this year, and may need the stays for Globalist. Would likely be using my lounge access award so that helps equalize breakfast.

But - SGS to me has remained exempt from the general Marriott service / recognition downgrades, and I've never had a bad stay, so would be tough to leave...