FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overhead bin space on regional jets (CRJ/CR2/CR7/CR9/E75) Consolidated Threads
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:54 pm
defrosted

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

What’s “debatable”? If you’re in 19A on the 757 all your stuff goes in the OH bin because you don’t have a seat in front of you. If I have 20A and you have 19A, your bag IS NOT going under 19A - that’s where my feet or my personal item is going. I was in the second row of F one time with my feet stretch out and felt the guy in front of me trying to push his laptop briefcase under the seat where my feet were. I offered to trade seats with him if he wanted Row 2 so he could put his briefcase under the seat. He declined. So his laptop went in the OH bin, not in my legroom.
There is a seat (17A) in front of 19A which has accessible space under it, 19B and 19C have FA jumpseats blocking the space in front of them. Similar to 21A on a 717 where there is no seat right in front of you, but there is still a seat ahead of you.

I agree I would never expect my stuff to go under my own seat.

19B's backpack went under 17A (in front of me), his roller bag went in the OH bin. My one small bag, which could have fit under the seat went in the OH bin a few rows back.