FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points earning at restaurants
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:35 pm
kennycrudup

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
So, an update. Last week, I'd sent along my scanned copy of my receipt to the E-mail address that @Starwood Lurker IV referred to above. I got a reply- from SL William no less- in about two hours crediting me with my dining points (and yeah, I got both the 10pts/$ MR standard and the 75% Tit bonus as well on a ~$216 dinner bill). Problem solved!

But a few hours after that, I'd gotten a reply from the "regular" MR "Stay Add Request" account (the 2nd attempt after they said they couldn't read the "bill" which was really my scanned copy) and while pre-merger I never really had to use the Missing Stay services (as my points and nights always just posted), this is the sad state of affairs post-merger. Here's my original E-mail:
I am trying to reclaim points I never received for an SPG restaurant meal. I'd attached the copy (which I'm glad I've kept!) of the receipt I got from The Urban Farmer Restaurant inside The Nines Hotel in Portland, OR on November 14th, 2018. I did not stay at that hotel, I only ate there. I've re-attached that receipt to this E-mail as well.
... you'd think everything they'd needed to know (esp. since I'd included the teal copy from The Nines as an attachment), no? Well, this is the reply I'd gotten back from them:
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate to help and process your request. Hope this email will finds you well. Kindly help me with the stay dates and full hotel name you stayed at. For further information and assistance, feel free to contact us. Thank you for contacting Marriott.

Regards, Sonali Aggarwal Marriott Rewards Customer Service
... guess MR's outsourced CS now