FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase converting some INK accounts to INK Capital (no rewards)
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:17 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Did you read the linked blog about this that Happy posted? It says that other people who have gotten this letter are not "government entities", and that Chase apparently sent some (many?) of these letters in error.
I did read the linked blog. And the comment section. The article opens with the statement that these letters were sent in error but later update says letter was sent to folks who signed up with Educational Services as their business. And the comments reveal conflicting responses from Chase, including the response that even if your business is unrelated to govt/public schools, like if you are a private tutor or consultant, you will still be converted.

"FWIW, got the letter yesterday. Called Customer Service and was told to ignore it since I’m not a government entity client. CSR was dreading the onslaught of calls they were going to get."
"Just spoke to a supervisor, she said there is no opt out and that if you received the notice then it’s happening to your account. Absolute BS I’m a public school employee but my business is completely non-related. Quite infuriating."

Last edited by mia; Feb 16, 2019 at 4:22 pm Reason: Formatting of quoted text.