FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Master Fleet Changes Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:04 pm
CZAMFlyer

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Nice work Adam. My perhaps premature thought is what the fleet planning folks are investigating in terms of longer-term widebody replacement for the 777s. Will they opt for the easy choice (777-9) or can Airbus present a compelling case to switch to the A359/10 series (assuming they can up the cargo capacity)? Despite an average age for the 777s only being 9+ years already - the older frames are already 12 years old - I'd imagine discussions have been underway for a while now.

Originally Posted by 24left
LX shows this...And DL shows this...I would assume that by the time AC receives their aircraft, it will show as an Airbus. Others here likely know better.
Well, yes AC will take receipt of the post-sale Airbus version, as did Delta, whereas the initial European operators took delivery of the type when known as the C-Series. It's likely a simple case of Swiss/Baltic not updating their websites, and (speculating here) perhaps not wishing to confuse passengers who find all the onboard literature, signage etc making mention of the C-Series. Or merely not bothering to expend the effort to change it all. From the outset, Air Canada planes will be delivered with 'Airbus' plastered on the fuselage, manuals, safety cards etc.