FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:31 pm
GarudaSoars

Originally Posted by Kacee
Here's the latest on my attempt to SNA at St. Regis NYC. To recap:

1. Notified by email my SNA had cleared. Reservation immediately disappears without a trace from website and app.
2. Reservation reappears several days later. Shows "upgrade" to base level (Superior) room. Call St. Regis NYC reservations, agent tells me to pound sand.
3. Rooms manager calls me back at end of day and apologizes profusely. Confirms me into a Madison suite, which shows on my reservation.

So all good. well not quite:

4. This afternoon, reservation suddenly shows Grand Luxe room, i.e., not a suite. Call hotel. Front desk tells me I've been "upgraded" to a Grand Luxe room. No, I was downgraded from my confirmed suite. Lengthy hold for FDM.
5. FDM apologizes profusely for the downgrade. She assures me I'm reconfirmed into a Madison suite and that she will be advising all managers not to mess with my reservation again.

Reservation on the app still shows "Grand Luxe." Not sure what will happen at check-in tomorrow, but it should be interesting.
Curious to know what the experience was at check-in. Let us know!