FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:50 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by jlemon
2. During ski season, the little Yampa Valley Regional Airport (HDN) serving Steamboat Springs, CO sees a lot more business, including jet flights from three different airlines, with each airline operating different and unique equipment. Identify the three airlines and the equipment each operates into HDN.

I think we are talking about American with the B757-200, Northwest with the B727-200 and United with the B737-300.

We are indeed. Here's the line-up:

American Boeing 757-200 from ORD and DFW
United Boeing 737-300 from ORD and DEN
Northwest Boeing 727-200 from MSP

3. Back in the “Good Old Days” New Orleans was well served with a variety of widebody jet flights. National Airlines in particular comes to mind with its many DC-10s routing through from a variety of Florida cities, continuing on to Houston and points west. In early 1994, MSY is served with only two widebody flights per day – both the same type of equipment. We’re not interested in the destination(s) of these flights, just the airline and equipment type.

Ah, perhaps Delta is ready when we are.....and the aircraft may have been the L-1011.

Delta may well have been ready, but not with any widebodies in MSY. We're looking for a different airline operating a different aircraft type...
And with that, I must take leave of the quiz for a bit as I have an appointment with my parole officer in town. Seeya later this evening assuming all goes well...