FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Code sharing: which airline will I actually be flying with?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:23 pm
arttravel

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Tinabis
Arttravel: that is a very good point �� Having said that I have used this company(ticket.no) several times before without any issues. They have quite a good reputation here in Norway. But again, I have never had to change tickets or anything like that ��
Also, Lufthansas website was a breeze compared to the third party company where you constantly have to say yes or no to extras and where they charge you MORE than double the price for luggage compared to LHs own website. The price you end up paying via third party companies sometimes is a quite a bit higher than the price that caught your eye in the first place ��
Another issue with the OTA itinerary and the connection in Toronto -- if not a Canadian or US citizen/resident, one would need the Canadian ETA as well as the US ESTA. Not a great cost to get the Canadian ETA, just one more thing to do.

I would not want to pay the OTA service charges just to prepay for luggage and/or a seat. And if there is some problem, such as needing to change ticket, the hassle of dealing with the OTA would just be an extra bother as well as a possible extra expense.

It sounds as if you have a better itinerary for your travels. The LH wesbite is fairly straightforward, and I often fly LH to Germany and connect to someplace else. I hope you will enjoy your trip to NYC (where I live).