FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:20 pm
DELee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by JB123
At this point in my life achieving lifetime status is valuable because my business travel may end in a few years. I made Marriott Lifteme Premier Platinum/Titanium (and this is not a Marriott vs. Hilton question). I have about 630 Hilton nights and 10 years of Diamond. It would obviously take me several years of focused travel staying at Hilton to get to 1,000. I would probably make it on base points a little before then. Those same nights could be spent at Marriott with whatever Titanium bonuses or benefits received. I will have 100 nights in hotels this year Any thoughts?
It's a hobby?

If you have the AMEX Aspire card, for the ~$500/year, you'll continue to have Diamond status at Hilton, or if you have Ascend/Surpass, spending $40K/annum is another Diamond path that doesn't require lots of BIB activity.

If you like the Hilton family of properties and their footprint works for your travel patterns, then why not? 370 nights won't take any more time since you'll be spending 100+ nights/year in some hotel in some forgotten, far away place (or not) anyway. It also gives you an excuse to be away from Chicago in the winter...

David