FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:38 am
FlugE

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
There is the key, you are new to the USA and have activated the algorithm on foreign nationals, new permanent residents, illegals, etc... This kind of behavior shuts you down. If you get a card of any kind in the USA, you should use that one and only that one for three years or more. Then add on another and use it for a year or more. (Does not apply to retail cards) After you have a seasoned credit report and an established history in the USA, a LONG established history, you can possibly then enter the more cards game. YMMV

Looking more into what I as a financial analyst would see. I see a person opening up too many accounts too quickly who has little or no permanent ties to the USA. Furthermore, this person may have had a transaction in Thailand which all foreign transactions usually cause an eye to be put on the account. This makes me wonder if you are moving to another country. If you are now a bust out risk. I would close all of your accounts. Too much too fast too risky!!!
I hear you. Thankfully Amex have the global transfer program where you can benefit from your previous foreign relation. Otherwise I'd be stuck with secured cards for a while.

Speaking of which (and slightly off-topic) - it would be awesome if the secured concept could apply to almost any card. I'd happily "secure" a CSP or CSR by depositing even 2x the credit line if that would be an option.