Old Feb 16, 19, 10:31 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
WOW, I would have made more of a fight, citing SkyTeam lounge access rules. In fact, I'd even consider doing a partial credit card chargeback on the business class airfare since lounge access is part of the price.

Are you sure the lounge wasn't full? Could it have been taken over by some local celebrities? And BTW, you were departing from BKK on a KE flight ticketed in business class, and not trying to use the lounge as an arrivals lounge, right? If you checked in at the KE business class check in counter at BKK, did they give you a lounge invitation card or say anything about lounge arrangements? [Usually a business class or SkyTeam ElitePlusa boarding pass suffices unless it's a shard contract lounge.]

Was the lounge reception desk staffed by KE employees? Did they appear to be of Korean nationality? I'd have a hard time imagining that Thai staff would somehow favor Korean people over those who appear to be western.