FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry, NEXUS or TSA PreCheck?
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:30 am
Randyk47

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Mike Rivers
I got a new credit card that offers reimbursement for application for either one (in fact, that's why I got this card - I don't really need another). As far as chances for being assigned PreCheck for a given flight, are they the same for both programs, or am I more likely to score a √ on my boarding pass having been accepted into one or the other program? I used to get Pre√ on nearly every flight I took up until about 2 years ago, now I've only scored once or twice.

Apparently the processing time for TSA Pre√ is quicker than Global Entry. Since I don't have any plans for traveling outside the US, is there any advantage to Global Entry over TSA? Or Vice Versa?
If you have no even remote plans to travel Internationally then I would go with TSA PreCheck. Quite frankly the only reason I initially got GE was because at the time there wasn’t a TSA PreCheck office in San Antonio but there was for GE. The closest at the time was 100 miles away and the gas, $3+ per gallon then, for the round trip would have been more than the $15 difference for GE. Turns out we subsequently started traveling Internationally so much so that my wife enrolled in GE even though she had PreCheck free through being a DoD employee. In terms of is one KTN better than the other I can’t say. As long as we’ve been flying on a participating airline we have always gotten PreCheck and have avoided the supposedly random non-select so far.