FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:54 am
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by WHBM
2. Since Air Jamaica retired its DC-8s, the big four engine jetliner has been a rare sight at Montego Bay’s Sangster International Airport. These days MBJ is served by a single daily D8S and you’re about to board it! Which airline are you flying and where are you flying to?
The airline we're looking for was not from North America or Europe. It probably wasn't Africa, either...

Well there aren't a lot of places left. Almost all tourism at Montego Bay is from North America and Europe, and if the flight is daily I'll guess it was headed elsewhere, with a stop here. Aero Peru had a number of Super DC8s at the time. Could we guess at them doing Miami-Montego Bay-Lima. Just a single daily flight though. Did they only serve it in one direction?

Good call, W. According to the schedule I have, the flight came up from Lima in the morning, stayed in MBJ and returned to Lima late afternoon. I don't have access to the relevant schedules at present, but as I recall the inbound from Lima departed at 7:30am, arriving MBJ about 1145am. Here's the southbound schedule returning to Lima.

AeroPeru PL 601 Montego Bay (MBJ) 530p-1000p Lima (LIM) D8S Daily