FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pay for wifi to watch movies?!?
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:26 pm
laxmillenial

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Lady across aisle had same problem.

On my tablet, I'd click on "entertaintment", would tell me to click on a link to a website to "preview what's available on your flight". Website comes up, with HUGE selection of movies, click on movie, warning about the app is there, click to "watch". Then get a black screen about the app, and to click "here" to open it up in the app, or i need to purchase wifi to download the UA app (which, I triple checked was current before pushback). Then when it opens the app, its the page for wifi payments. Can't get around that.

Then click back on entertainment, rinse, spin, repeat.

so I bought the 30 minute package for $9 -- still wouldn't load the movies.

I rebooted my Samsung Tab A three times. I cleared the cache three times. Did a HARD reboot. Still nothing. VPN off.

lady across aisle also couldn't watch movies. Said it was like this on her flight from San Fran to Vancouver earlier.
So it didn’t work when you didn’t buy WiFi.
And you paid for WiFi and it still didn’t work.

Shouldn’t this kind of give you the hint that it’s not the WiFi being bought / not bought that’s the issue?

FYI read the other forum; United broke IFE for computers / tablets. Many have expressed that they’ve experienced issues starting late 2018.