FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:28 pm
globetraveler

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Polaris In Flight Dining Experience

Having recently completed several long haul Polaris flights, I must say that I have been quite disappointed in the in flight meal and beverage service.

Few observations:

- Flight attendants are incredibly rushed about the whole service. Rather than welcoming passengers- making it an experience, the whole thing just seems very transactional
- One of two of my last few Polaris flights, no pre departure beverage service was offered
- One of two of my last few Polaris flights, no beverage menu cards were available (which later became a giant guessing game on what was available. FA’s had no clue what they were pouring.
- Wine selections are getting worse. Both White offerings were domestic, low cost wines (old world wines seem to be disappearing ex. France, Italy etc.). United, bring back some French & Italian wines PLEASe. Champagne isn’t printed on the cards- and it was a brand I have never heard of. Why don’t just serve the Piper they serve in the Polaris lounge for consistency?
- Flight attendants are downright rude with the “1st or 2nd Choice” crap. I had to politely remind the FA that I was GS- and they still insisted on a second choice. Regardless of status- they should say “We would like to welcome you aboard today. What would you like... in the unfortunate event that we do not have your selection available is there a second choice I can note...?” The way they go about it is awful.
- Main course selections were tasty- but the entire tray approach looks cheap.

The entire experience now feels like an assembly line to me... not great for a $9K round trip europe ticket.