FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:17 pm
MaldivesFreak

Originally Posted by Splotly
What’s people’s feeling on here as to what would be fair in their mind - which is personal and each with differ. Enough caveats from me, what do people think?

I was thinking last night when I read all this that I’d be wanting the whole day written off by the GM - I.e. my bill for that day, including room charge plus everything else I spent that day - without exclusion, in my efforts to extricate myself from the mayhem and prevent it destroying my entire stay on the day thereafter - to be zeroised on my bill.

I then reflected on that and ended up feeling that even if the GM agreed to it I’d still not feel suitably compensated for the disruption to what I had bought which is a full relax for the whole duration of the day, and day in the middle that destroys that impacts the entire stay not just that day’s stay.

My post is really just to simply ask what sort of redress, ranging from zero / suck it up right through to a fortune or more - people think they’d be after personally....
This is an interesting question. You make some good points. In our case we've had a terrible stay in the past, not because of a cruise ship or a barbarian horde or anything the resort did wrong, but because we were sick with a nasty virus for 5 1/2 days out of our seven. Well, I didn't contract it from the missus until about day 3 but anyway. That made us pretty damn miserable but we laughed it off as an expensive hospital visit in paradise. We enjoyed ourselves a little, mostly not - stuck in the villa all day and only going out to eat. If what happened yesterday were to happen when we were there I don't know exactly how I'd react but I would be very, very, very.....oh wait.....eureka! I've got it! A complimentary night in The Muraka! Naturally that would be after storming into the reservations office, taking control of a PC and confirming when it was availabe, of course. At least then we could turn the tables and actually thank the barbarian horde for something. I'd be figuring since they took our money (as a rule we generally don't pay for nights in hell so yes, they took our money), our time (we don't purposefully spend time in hell), our preparation (again, we don't spend time preparing for a holiday in hell) and peace and quiet and enjoyment (you guessed it, we don't enjoy that kind of hellish atmosphere), they could, albeit indirectly, give us something back.