FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Defection to Hyatt: Experiences & a Guide for ex-Starwood/Marriott travelers
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:37 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I'm a long time Hyatt loyalist - I'll make Lifetime Diam Glob later this year or early next - so I'm not going to argue with much of what you said. What stuck out to me, though, was your statement " Hyatt IT is mostly flawless ." Maybe it is compared to Marriott - I'm a Lifetime Plat there after combining with SPG - but I don't have any recent experiences with their IT. This forum is full of issues with Hyatt IT and it's pretty much of a joke here. Just within the past month, there was a period where it was impossible to book an award stay online and another period of time where one's future reservations weren't displayed. Luckily, the reservations weren't lost, you just couldn't view them. Every year there's questions and discussions about how stays over the night of 31 December are credited, and the way Hyatt IT does it ends up biting people in the *** every year.

I have a few other quibbles, too.
- The "Green Program" or points for foregoing housekeeping, is not common. I think I've run into it 3 times in the last 2 years of stays at more than 50 different properties.
- The latest promo is OK, but far from fantastic, even when comparing to recent promos. For us old timers, we can only dream of the truly fantastic promos Hyatt ran a decade ago ...
- Many HPs are former AmeriSuites properties from Hyatt's acquisition about 15 years ago. A fair number of those are showing their age and are pretty mediocre. Newly built HPs can be nice, but overall, I find that HPs are very comparable to CYs (unless you like HP's poor excuse for a breakfast)

Anyway, welcome to Hyatt. I'm glad you've liked what you've found so far and I hope it continues to work for you.