FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mandatory Wellness/Security Check: Hilton Corporate Policy?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:54 am
observer

Originally Posted by Often1
Good on the property for looking out for its guests.

I can't imagine the villification when somebody posts that they fell and hurt themselves and lay on the floor for 24 hours unable to move before anybody showed up.

As to who charges what to the room, I doubt that this is quite as sophisticated as anyone physically reviewing folios for room charges.
The Torrey Pines manager on duty actually said nothing about people who were hurt in the rooms. Instead, he stressed several times that this corporate requirement was a response to Las Vegas situation. It is thus puzzling that they only wanted to see if I was alive (assembling my arsenal behind the door?!) and didn’t care to see the room.

It doesn’t seem to me that it would be so challenging to check the folio before sending the security person to the room. Even this aging property seems to be computerized.

My feelings would probably be much different if the unexpected knock on the door and the demand that I open it had been preceded by a call from the front desk explaining the pending visit. I thought hotels wanted guests to be cautious about opening the doors to strangers.

The dismissiveness of the manager on duty to my discomfort was very off-putting.