FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:30 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Reading your post now Spotly has me worried! We were last there 6 years ago. Has it really changed that much since then? It’s costing us a lot of money to get there, I don’t want to be disappointed!

I would not worry. The cruise ship incident is utterly unacceptable, but if we can put that aside nothing else has changed*.

At the start of this week most here were still agreed this is a fabulous place. While there has been some cost-cutting under the current mgmt, its not so much as to ruin the experience. It is still a great place, and IMO is very fair value for anyone using points to offset the $$$$$$ cost of staying here. For sure there are other places that will be more perfect (at least in some respects), but most of these will cost much much more. I see this as a kind of Goldilocks location which gets the balance 'just right' between many different factors. Of course this is all subjective.

* I am hoping that the negative feedback makes this a once-off. If the cruise ship scenario is going to be repeated, I take back everything I have said. I would be furious if this had occurred on any of my stays here - even if only for one day of my stay.