FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie questions - Should I chase Delta status?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:33 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bajso
Thanks for the responses everyone!

Is it me or does it seem like there's a huge discrepancy between US and non-US members? Not having to hit the minimum spend of $25,000 makes it seem ridiculously easy to get Diamond status. According to some quick calculations, I'm about $1700 worth of flights away from Diamond status (for example, Delta seems to offering some crazy cheap flights on PVG-LAX route).

Do airlines care/like it if you do mileage runs? Last time I booked with Delta and had to call in to confirm my ticket (credit card issue), the rep on the phone didn't seem to believe the price I had and didn't seem too happy about it either for some reason (same day turnaround flight)
The spend threshold for Diamond status is $15,000 per year, not $25,000. You are looking at the DL Amex spend threshold to get an MQD exemption (for Plat or lower status). United also exempts those with foreign addresses from it's PQD requirements. American does not.