FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:50 am
G-CIVC

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Kacee
The major blogs all prominently covered the Hyatt program change that allowed premium suite redemptions, including the great cpp redemption opportunities. And yet I recall no reports of hordes of churners overwhelming the properties with premium suite requests.

Bottom line is these redemptions are too expensive and require too much effort to generate that level of interest. First, you have to pay the full rate at a top tier property (which the vast majority of churners will never do), and then you have to call to check availability and book.

Personally I think this thread is a great idea. My contribution: Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Regency Deluxe Suite, 6500 THB + 9k points.
Dont underestimate the power of Chinese blogs on the other hand. I think the PH Tokyo premium suite option was quickly downgraded to Governors suite from Diplomat after they pretty much had their inventory wiped out for the whole Summer. (Sadly I was too late to join)

but I agree that the high base rate at most nice Hyatts deter many people from doing this to some extent.