FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - am I breaking any rules if I let friend/co-woker use my UA *A Gold for overweight bag
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:00 am
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I got into trouble at YVR last year on YVR-SFO flight.My colleague had a couple of bottles of liquid in her bag (which resulted in overweight), and the overweight bag was checked using my name to get around the overweight fee.The bag was scanned while I went to clear immigration at the US side, and officer looked at my Global Entry printout and asked me what was the content in the two bottles of liquid. Unfortunately, I had no clue. My colleague had already cleared immigration so I couldn't ask her, so I had to come clean and tell the officer the bag belonged to my colleague and I had no idea of the liquid content. In the end, I got a good scolding from the officer and warned me not to check other people's bags under my name. My colleague had to claim the bag and rechecked with United and paid the excess bag fee.I know the incident I described above is probably rare but just want to share it as a data point. At least, OP should know the exact contents of bag just in case being asked.