FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New frequent traveler survey
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:47 pm
mmonster

Programs: NZ*E
as some of you have said, one have to be careful what you are asking for -

to me - I must admit I have benefited from the credit card earn to get my status, however, one must take note it is because of this that I am happier to fly more with NZ. It is the main reason I am happy to pay a bit more and it is definitely the main reason just because of me, lots of family trips are made with NZ. I would ask why would a business would kill these ties off when the issue is caused by crowded lounges? Yes, no one likes this, but I am very surprised if this is how one would solve the issue. It feels like you are willing to get a doctor to amputate a limb when the issue can be fixed locally.

I hope if people are more sensible and just focus on the problem and not really asking them to see how it can be solved. It is a business decision at the end of the day. I do not have much ideas how much measurable benefits NZ gets in the credit card space but I am assure that they are benefiting from things that are more hidden. Even Elite partner for this matter bring them business, all my partner's travel are now with NZ just because of this. So when there are a lot of FFs out there that needs to take a lot of trips, there are always a group (from a bigger volume) that takes flights with NZ because of that reason.