View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 19, 12:43 pm
freeflyin

Programs: DL Silver,UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, IHG Gold,HH Gold,MR LT PLAT PREMIER
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy View Post
The end of next week is too late for my February stay. But assuming there's a global promotion in the near future, I will take that into consideration for upcoming travel. I try to make rational decisions based on the benefits available to me. I think it causes a lot of heartache to be loyal to a company and then bemoan their lack of appreciation for my loyalty. They are a business who does what's best for them. So I will do what's best for me.
I echo this. Fortunately I am in a position as as LTPP that I don't need the nights to build additional status.

I did not receive this promo and booked all week next week at Hiltons. I am past the point of loyalty for loyalty sake and have been free to make decisions based solely on what works best at any given time.

Hopefully Marriott releases a decent promo soon-if not, I will continue to book elsewhere if the benefits are better. All things being equal, I will choose Marriott.