FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:58 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by milepig
This is now a banner on the website encouraging people "arriving internationally" who have been approved to just show up at the interview site. I assume the same would work if you're just passing through the airport. Easy enough to show up at ORD a couple hours early one day. I'm not sure why the specification is for International Arrivals,

This is the exact text:

The extended partial government shutdown has resulted in a substantial backlog of CBP's Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) applications and renewals.
Applicants for Global Entry (GE), SENTRI, NEXUS and FAST should expect significant delays in application processing times and limited appointment availability at TTP enrollment centers.
Conditionally approved GE members should seek to complete their GE interviews without an appointment upon arrival from an international flight at any of the 49 airports participating in CBP's Enrollment on Arrival (EoA) program. [Bolding mine]
That's "Enrollment on Arrival" and is done while coming off from an international flight and done in the area before the baggage claim belt/customs exit. You can't walk in from the landside area and do enrollment on arrival otherwise. The exception would be -- and it's really not what they mean by "enrollment upon arrival (from an international flight) -- if you were landside and the landside CBP office happened to accept you as a walk-in. I'm not sure how willing the landside CBP office for GE enrollment is currently willing to process walk-ins, but I know they've turned down people there trying to do so and suggested to have done this before baggage claim when coming off an international/non-preclearance flight or to schedule an appointment for later and then come.