FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1 Day Cancellation Policy for Hotel Booked w/ Points??
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:21 am
Mr. Vker

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17
I cancelled on at least one occasion, after seeing something better at a more affordable rate (higher rate previously at the new property).

Despite the prepayment clause, there was also a cancellation clause allowing me to cancel for no charge until a day prior to reservation arrival date.

Edit: went back to my emails - some more details: reservation booked a week in advance; cancelled 3 days prior to scheduled arrival; booked at different property but nearby.

OK- i understand now. There is a difference between prepaid and prepaid with no cancellation. The former-the property can collect the $$ but you have a window to cancel. Might be just a few days before arrival-and they have to refund. As you mentioned, many times the hotels don't even collect upfront.

I was talking about the latter. Where there is little or no cancellation period.