Old Feb 14, 19, 5:17 am
celtic_warrior

Programs: qatar airways
Originally Posted by SavvyTravel View Post
Hello everyone
After a few weeks of chasing air fares for a summer family trip from the UK to Vietnam, we're ready to hit the buy now button but I wanted some input first on the use of OneWorld lounges...

My wife and I are (will be) BA Gold/ OWE but the flights we are looking at are in Y on QR via DOH to SGN/HAN.

We are taking two of our adult children with us (21 and 18) and so would like to make sure that they benefit from our status (sadly we can't afford J!).

Two questions: choice of airport ex-UK and which lounge (if any) can we use at DOH?

1. Our exUK options are
LHR - which seems to be using the T4 Skyteam lounge (not the dedicated QR one)
LGW - the Aspire lounge, which has some poor reviews here or
BHX - the No 1 Traveller lounge which seems decent

Can someone please confirm that OWE + Y boarding card + guest = successful access for all of these (or not!).

2. Which lounge/s can we use whilst in transit at DOH? Our flights have a 1 hour to 3 hour layover (dependant on routing) and if we have access to a good lounge, I'm happy to take the longer layover. Looks like the "OneWorld First lounge" is ok as this thread indicates.

And yes. I think now I've answered the question but I still have a nagging doubt about the 'kids' and being able to guest them in!
Thanks all
depending on your departure times, you will also have access to the good Malaysian airlines lounge in T4 however it is only open in the morning and then later in the day.