Old Feb 13, 19, 5:26 pm
alanslegal

Programs: HHD, SPG LTG
Originally Posted by andyyac1 View Post
Cmon guys. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us who want to be valued guests. Ive been a loyal repeater to the Conrad Maldives and others for a decade now. I know the Maldives inside out.

The yacht transfer is exactly that... a stunning multi million dollar yacht from what I can tell. Jeez... if you are .....ing so hard about this you should definitely stay at home. The Maldives is very special, very expensive part of the world.

If you start threatening and being super cheap...they will shut down the opportunity we have. I gladly pay the seaplane every time X3 people because it is an event, and the logistics are super expensive there.

Please please guys don't be cheap.... or if you're looking to save money...Hawaii is much closer and cheaper. Or try Ohio maybe?

Call me sensitive or whatever - but I find it inappropriate for you to be calling anyone 'cheap'. The issue is definitely not being cheap, rich or whatever in between.

Just because this Waldorf Astoria is in the Maldives, an expensive resort or they simply provide a 'stunning multi-million dollar yacht' does not make it right or OK for them to offer one thing, which the guest has accepted, and then for them to switch it into something else - often at the guests' detriment.

The resort has provided in their confirmation emails that it is $370++ round trip per person - if they want to charge something else, be upfront about it, and then we can our own informed decisions to accept that or not. This is absolutely not about being cheap, it is about the (potential) guest not being baited in or mislead.

If you still think that is OK, what is stopping them from saying the standard rooms were loaded incorrectly, it is actually 140,000 per night - pay the 20,000 per night difference or we'll cancel your booking and return the points. Or that your cash rate is $2,588+ instead of $2,188++ and so on.