FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver: Shangri-La and other hotels (consolidated)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:00 pm
specboi

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by happyvoid
I plan to book Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver. But for the free breakfast where is it and how much daily? ANd is the hotel still good?
I did not have a great experience last time I was there.
The hard product is starting to feel dated. I was in the 1 bedroom suite with terrace, having the terrace is nice, as I enjoyed sitting outside with my coffee in the morning. But the room was kind of small and the bathroom was nothing spectacular.

​​​Feels weird that you have to insert your key card into a little slot in the room to get power in the room, I've only ever seen that at low end hotels in Asia, never in a 5-star hotel.

The house car was never available when we needed it, and the doorman never apologized, just said "nope not available". There was minimal personalization, I got a welcome note from a friend who worked at the hotel, but that was it, I was never greeted by name anywhere on property.

The free breakfast is okay, it's a la carte but you can order as much as you want. I forgot the name of the restaurant that it was in, I don't believe it was market.

Hard product wise, I would recommend the Pac Rim, either the signature ofuruo room, or the corner suite in Gold. The owners suite is also super nice too (not to be confused with the crazy expensive chairman suite)

​​​​​​I also really like the one bedroom suite at the Hotel Georgia in Vancouver as well.

Several of my friends have bad good experiences at the Trump, but I have not stayed there.