FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unable to book tickets for family using miles
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:48 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Finkface
Other airlines do this as well. There are threads about Air France canceling tickets that were bought purely with transferred-in points when no points had ever been earned from flying AF. I can try to find the thread but there are a few out there on other airline forums with similar tales of tickets bought with purchased/transferred miles being canceled. Not unreasonable, IMO, and I would guess they feel they are on the right side of their T&C, but my point is, this is in no way unique to AS.
So do AS’ T&C say that they are allowed to simply cancel tickets or disallow the use of miles for booking tickets if the account holder has used purely purchased miles?

I wouldn’t find that “not unreasonable” at all unless any mileage purchase has a big fat disclaimer explaining the restrictions. Miles should be miles, no matter how you earn/purchase/receive them (as long as it’s a legit source).