FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEA-HKT - PS on A350 vs. Delta One on 767?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:19 pm
Daitheflu84

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
SEA-HKT - PS on A350 vs. Delta One on 767?

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip from SEA-HKT in April of this year and I'm trying to decide on the best flight options on a mixed-class itinerary. The two primary choices are:

1: SEA-MSP-PVG-HKT, with the SEA-PVG in Main Cabin on the A359 and PS on the return; this option is about $1400 (Or could do PS round trip for $2100).

2: SEA-ICN-HKT, with SEA-ICN in Main Cabin on the outbound 763 flight (and the connecting ICN-HKT flight on KE in an A333). Return would be in Business on KE from HKT-ICN and Delta one on the 763 from ICN-SEA. This option is about $2200.

The debate is between flying on PS on the new A350 vs. what seems to be the most hated Delta One seat in the fleet, aboard the 767-300. $2200 for a 11-12 hour flight in D1, as well as the 6 hour flight in Business aboard KE, seems like a decent price, but I've never flown international D1 or PS. Obviously PS is not a lie-flat, so the D1 option has that advantage, albeit with the limitations of the narrow, coffin-like seats on the 763. The other drawback to the PS itinerary is the additional stop, including the 6-hour flight PVG-HKT (and vice-versa) which is on a Shanghai Airlines 737-800. Not sure about the rest of you, but a 6-hour flight on a 737 in Economy (with zero chance at an UG) sounds like my version of hell. I'd love to try the new PS product on the Delta flagship A350 but not sure if it's worth the extra stop and long leg on a 737. Additionally, I'm guessing my GM/ST Elite + status gains me some type of international lounge access either way; not sure if there's any difference in which lounges I'd have access to on the two options?

Would appreciate feedback from anyone who's experienced a trans-Pac in D1 aboard a 767 and/or PS on the A350. What say ye, FT?