FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Air stability through summer?
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:28 am
USA_flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by iahphx
It's impossible to know for sure, but I think your odds are good. I'd be more worried about AFTER summer.

I just hope you paid little for your flights. I have family members (who didn't consult me) who bought tickets on Norwegian when they could have gotten the same deal (or better) on one of the major carriers. As most folks here know, if you're a little flexible and you watch the fares on sites like secretflying and theflightdeal, it's usually not hard to get a cheap transatlantic fare on a major carrier (and, of course, there are many ways for Americans to game the credit card sign-ups for free flights). So now my family members have to worry about their trip for no good reason. That's why no one else should be buying Norwegian tickets now unless the deal is truly incredible. Which, of course, will be ANOTHER revenue problem for Norwegian!
I've been watching fares LHR-LAX-LHR for Christmas 2019 - Norwegian are consistently undercutting all the other airlines so there is scope to increase fares and still be the cheapest.

That said, I'd rather walk/swim than fly Norwegian, how they handle irrops is one reason, the other is they charge for in flight meals.