FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:46 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm not worried about being "shafted" with the yacht transfer because I have a screenshot of the confirmation saying it's 370++ per person return and that's less than the seaplane. I imagine that's official, but if they try to charge me more I just point to that screenshot and refuse to pay it. If they charge my card I dispute it. I'm not concerned.

I'm just wondering how staying in a beach villa on points here will be "better" than an overwater villa at Conrad Maldives. What will justify it being 2X the cash rate and 125% the points rate of CMRI? Except that it's "new"? Is the setting more beautiful? Will the food be better without being way more expensive? I doubt that. And if it's offering less breakfast, no afternoon tea, no happy hour, will I be going out of pocket for 2-3 meals a day instead of one at CMRI?

I have switched my July CMRI reservation to here mainly because my girlfriend is a bit bored with CMRI (we went in 2015 and 2018) and wants to try something new.