FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extending expiration on free hyatt nights?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:19 pm
HIFlya

Originally Posted by oldmanbob
My free night expired yesterday. I called today and spoke with a very nice rep, but she stated the rule changed in Nov 2018 and they no longer can award points or date extension, and that is was a Chase decision, not Hyatts'. I had managed to get a 10K courtesy a year ago the last time my cert expired. so this year, I called about 3 weeks ago and the rep then said to wait until the cert expired and call back. I wish she had told me that the rule changed last year. None the less, today, after being told no extension and that they were aware I had got the 10K last year, they could do nothing for me. So, I asked to speak with a supervisor. I started off by telling the supe that even though I did not get what I had asked for that the rep I just spoke with was very kind and professional and represented Hyatt very well. After some quick conversation, she said she could not extend the date but as a last time, one time courtesy, and she was pleasantry firm in telling me this IS the last time, she did provide 10K courtesy points saying she could do that because I had spoke with someone a few weeks ago who advised me incorrectly to call back. Low and behold, 5 or 6 minute call and I got 10K so I am happy.
Weird that they would say the rule changed in November 2018 since DPs here show people getting points credit as recently as January 2019.