FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I entitled to compensation? [merged]
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:25 am
sgolby

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
The H4 hotel (which I had the - ummm - pleasure myself once) is - at least in my opinion - perfectly fine for a simple overnight. Usually, pickup service is provided (but if no one shows up at the time provided, obviously a taxi is reasonable)

The buffet which was offered when I was there was reasonable (and while NOT something I'd pick, definitely passes as "duty of care") - a fridge definitely isn't mentioned in EU261 to be provided - if you had any perishable medicin, I'm more than sure the hotel would have been happy to help to have you use their (kitchen) fridge.

IF you dont' want to eat whats offered on the buffet (one item? really? somehow I doubt that.. maybe just one main dish? But even at my 9.30pm visit, they had like 3 or 4 main dishes..), you could have always ordered some delivery food I guess.. from what I remember, the H4 hotel had room service which the voucher could also have been applied to. And basically the accomodation + food is really just meant for basic stuff..

And please don't try to play the "muuuuuuh VIP" card (as you seem to do). That simply is going to give you absolutely no sympathy what-so-ever.

Again, if you feel like the reason was NOT extraordinary, either get a lawyer (risky, unless you're 100% sure) or an EU261 claim agency (they're really all the same..)
The hotel took our food voucher at check-in. We then discovered when we came back downstairs the "restaurant" had Penne pasta with meat, or without meat, that's it.
The hotel was not happy to store stuff in their fridge, the person who needed to store their medical supplies was in tears.
Transport wise their shuttle took 12 people at a time, Lufthansa were sending a constant stream of people outside, I have a nice photo of the angry crowd, this was 3 hours in.