FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Unconfirmed] rumor : Bonvoy titanium to get more benefits
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:35 am
phltraveler

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I don't see Marriott making any negative changes to the loyalty terms in 2019, especially considering they have changed the award-redemption chart pricing four times in 14 months. If they did more changes it would result in customers leaving for Hyatt or Hilton because while Marriott is within its right to change the program whenever it wants there needs to stability and you can't have that if everything is always changing.

I'm really hoping the dynamic pricing is a flop and Marriott has to change it or end it. Up to 100,000 points per night for properties is absurd.
I'm equally disappointed in the award chart particularly the on-peak/standard/peak rates and category changes.

No, I don't see it as likely that erosion of benefits before EOY, but enhancements, which may take the form of codifying upgrade priority a higher for Titanium and Ambassador. You could call that a potential demotion for plats but they'd still technically be eligible for upgrades including select suites.
Or something like free parking (at properties that charge for self-park) for Titanium/Ambassador. Again, not taking a benefit away from anyone, just granting a new one.