FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (master thd)
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:37 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mileshound
I have an AA award on hold and it contains Alaska flights (NY-CLT-PIT on AA, PIT-SEA on Alaska).

Due to the weather in the northeast and Seattle I am unsure if I really want to go. The trip is tomorrow and the award hold expires 2 hours before the flight so I have time to see the weather in the morning. It also gives me the ability to see if the Alaska aircraft actually leaves Seattle for PIT so it can return to Seattle. It is a 3 day trip so if there are significant delays I will not go.

What got me nervous is the line from AA when making the reservation that says "partner awards need to be confirmed". Should I be worried? Do Alaska flights on hold sometimes not ticket, especially extremely close in bookings?

Also, if I ticket it and flights get cancelled and I do not take the trip, do I get the $75 close in reservation fee back?
You have nothing to worry about with an award involving AS, if you decide to go just book it and it should ticket a few mins later. The "partner awards need to be confirmed" language is more relevant for some of AA's foreign partners where it can sometimes take over 24 hrs for an award to ticket. As to the $75 close in fee, I doubt that would be refundable, although aa.com doesn't say one way or the other. YMMV.