FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impressed with the new Air France Economy service!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:54 am
ticino

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
I agree AF and KLM are good in an European context, but I do not fly many other airlines regularly (only SAS and Swiss) so I cannot really tell. To me the most important thing within Europe is the 12 kg baggage allowance. I don't really care about service.

What really disappoints me though is the large numbers of very old planes both AF and KLM still use within Europe. Air France's at least are fairly well kept on the inside so you don't really notice, but all of KLMs 18-year old 737s I've flown in the past months have been in pretty bad shape. I just flew 3 segments in brand new MAX 8 (Gol and Aerolíneas Argentinas) and it was a much much better flying experience. SAS also has some new planes so I have been choosing SAS more and more as they never weigh my hand luggage.

As far as crews go I find the KLM crews quite nice (unlike personnel at AMS) but a bit too loud and intense, I tend to prefer the French. And AF and CDG feel more elegant than KLM and AMS, and the AF lounges have much better magazines, in French which I love and understand. AF is always my first choice of the two and I will only choose KLM if it's way cheaper or has a much better schedule. I don't like transiting in AMS. All my bad airport experiences are from AMS.