FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to upgrade to business - award availability?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:44 am
mccartje

Originally Posted by Rearviewmirror1
Hi all,

I have the necessary points in my Chase Ultimate Rewards account to upgrade from IAD to DUB on June 27 with Aer Lingus. However, I emailed Aer Lingus and basically they can't tell me if there's upgrade availability until I initiate the request (which means I need to hame the ~90k miles in my avios account...

Expert Flyer seems to be showing only one seat available for upgrade (I think, I've never used it before) but the business class seat map looks empty.

Any advice on how to proceed here? I don't want to end up with ~90k points marooned in my Avios account if I can't use them to upgrade.

Thanks very much for any help!
Yes there is 1 seat available in business. There are rarely 2 seats available at the same time as EI only release 1 as standard. Should be straight forward to upgrade into that. But if looking for multiple seats it can't be guaranteed. Current empty seats in business doesn't definitively mean more will open up for reward space.